Community-Campus Partnership’s Hire Local Program:
Our vision is to serve as a central point of contact for local residents living in zip codes 80010, 80011, and 80012, especially underrepresented residents, to access information, services and programs related to jobs on Anschutz Medical Campus.
Our goals include:
- Establish and maintain accessible, reliable and trusted job hub that addresses a broad range of job-readiness needs of people living in the neighborhoods.
- Gradually add jobs to our job family – include a variety of job types, and establish expertise, relationships and pathways to help people access those jobs.
- Develop and implement equitable, intentional and inclusive recruitment strategy to engage, educate and equip local residents for jobs on campus.
- Create strategies to support residents who gain employment on campus to connect them with resources and relationships that will help them stay in jobs, advance and thrive.
What we can do for you:
Free of charge, Hire Local can help you prepare for jobs on the campus by offering assistance and information. Examples of assistance may include:
- An individualized meeting with an Intake Specialist to assess your needs and refer resources
- Help with resumes and cover letters
- Interview preparation
- Mock interviews and interview practice skills
- Healthcare Culture class
- One to one assistance and tutoring
- Help with applying for jobs online
- An personalized assessment of your strengths
The Hire Local Program is available by appointment only.
Current Collaborations with Campus Employers
- UCHealth and Children's Hospital of Colorado
- University of Colorado
- Campus-wide jobs in: Environmental Services
UCHealth and Children’s Hospital of Colorado Employment Opportunities
The Community-Campus Partnership’s Hire Local Program has worked closely with both hospitals on the Anschutz Medical Campus to identify entry-level and low-barrier job opportunities. These jobs include:
- Patient Services
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Medical Assistant (MA)
- Food and Nutrition Services
- Medical Housekeeping / Patient Transport
Patient Services: Front desk customer-service position helping patients checking-in and checking-out.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA): Assists patients with activities of daily living. Certification required.
Medical Assistant (MA): Performs routine clinical and administrative duties. Certification required.
Food and Nutrition Services: Fast-paced, customer-service position preparing food and helping customers.
Medical Housekeeping and Patient Transport: Keeping rooms and areas clean and transporting patients to appointments. You can apply directly at one of the websites under “Environmental Services” below
University of Colorado Employment Opportunities (CU)
- Administrative Assistant
- Sterilization Technician Trainee (Healthcare Services Trainee I)
- Animal Care I
- Veterinary Technician I
Perform work in support of the business or operations in a variety of work units. Activities may include:
- Accurate and timely completion and processing of documents and information
- Scheduling,making reservations, making meeting arrangements
- Reception and intake
- Record keeping and maintenance, transcription, document production, including typing and word processing
- Gathering, coding, computing, entering, verifying, and reporting data and information
• AA I -One year general clerical experience.
• AA II -Two years general clerical experience.
• AA III -Three years general clerical experience.
Substitution: Successfully completed college or university course work that is appropriate to this position’s work assignment, may substitute
Sterilization Technician Trainee (Healthcare Services Trainee I)
Responsible for the cleaning and decontamination of all dental medicine instruments and equipment according to established procedures and techniques, ensuring proper functioning of equipment and cleaning the sanitizing machines and equipment.
- Maintains a level of sterilized instruments for distribution.
- Collects dirty and delivers sterile instrumentation casecarts from and to all clinical floors.
- Cleans washers and sterilizers.
- Documents sterilizer process cycles.
- Issues sterile reusable instruments to operatories and clinical units; collects and resterilizes used instruments.
Successful completion of a Sterile Processing Certification program or Dental Assistant Certificate.
Substitution: Demonstrated four (4) months full time experience with dental or medical sterilization may substitute
Animal Care I
Positions provide training and experience in the research animal care occupation:
- Evaluate and record basic health status of animals
- Change, clean, sanitize, and/or disinfect animal cages, feeding devices, etc. using appropriate methods;
- Weigh, administer medications, breed, restrain, euthanize, and transport laboratory animals.
One year of experience caring for, feeding, or providing health care for animals in a veterinary laboratory, breeding, or boarding facility.
Substitution: College coursework in veterinary technology, animal science, biology, or a related field of study related to the work assignment may substitute year-for-year for the general experience.
Veterinary Technician I
Provide routine and specialized care for a wide variety of species of large and small laboratory animals which are used by scientists for biomedical research and education Evaluate and record basic health status of animals.
- Schedule rooms and reserve medical procedure equipment
- Provide technical services and assistance in anesthesia, organ, blood and tissue collection
- Assist with surgical procedures; perform diagnostic laboratory evaluations and tests
• An associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in veterinary/animal health technology.
• One year of experience caring for, feeding, or providing health care for animals in a veterinary laboratory, breeding, or boarding facility.
Substitutions: Two years of experience assisting in animal surgery, administering anesthesia to animals, performing veterinary surgery or related work will substitute for each year of required education and is in addition to the required experience.
A bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in a related field plus one year of experience in a veterinary health or a related field will substitute for the education requirement.
Environmental Services Opportunities at UCH, Children’s and CU
Employers on the campus that hire directly for Environmental Services positions:
- Medical Housekeeping and Patient Transport and UCH and Childrens: Crothall Healthcare
- Janitorial services at CU: Search for positions on the GCA or ABM websites
- Housekeeping and Locker Room Attendants at CU Anschutz Health and Wellness Center: Exos